Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Revised version of SCD

I think i'm going to go with a modified version of the SCD at the moment. Basically i'm still going to include a two of the "illegal" foods. I'm going to keep going with the Brown Rice Puffs I have at breakfast; they add some bulk to the meal and there to hard to cut out at the moment with the restrictions on my diet. The other one i'm going to leave in is plain potato chips, however i am going to limit my intake of them.

This means that a small amount of potato and rice will still be in my diet, but the bulk of it compared to what i was eating before is gone. Since that the SCD is mainly aimed at people with Crones, IBD or UC it makes sense to have some modifications. These two foods do increase my carbohydrate intake which is not good for Candida, but hopefully after doing the bowel cleanse, cutting out sugars, lowering my carbs and including the probiotics this should be enough to get things under control and give my body some time to heal.

There is one other modification i have also made and that is to include Lactobacillus Bifidus, this is shunned by the SCD diet, due to possibility of it over growing, however there seems to be quite a bit of reference to it being beneficial for people with constipation predominant bowel problems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home